- Collaborative Divorce: In Collaborative Divorce, spouses work together, with their attorneys and other professionals (financial specialists and/or mental health professionals), toward reaching an efficient, fair, comprehensive resolution of all issues. While each client has built-in legal advice and advocacy during negotiations, the attorneys cannot go to court or threaten to go to court. When a settlement is reached, the attorneys prepare and process all papers required for the divorce.
- Mediation: In mediation, an impartial, neutral individual (the mediator), who is trained in negotiation, conflict resolution and communication skills, facilitates settlement talks between spouses. Additionally, an attorney-mediator may provide legal information; however, he/she may not provide legal advice or be an advocate for either side. When a settlement is reached, the mediator prepares a draft agreement for review and editing by the parties and their attorneys.
- Uncontested Divorce: An uncontested, or "kitchen table," divorce, exists where the parties are able to resolve all issue themselves. In such cases, Kales & Kales will draft a settlement agreement for our client and prepare and process all papers required for his or her divorce. We charge an affordable flat-fee for our services, which we set based upon the case's complexity.
- Traditional Litigation: In litigation, parties rely upon the court system and judges to resolve their issues. Unfortunately, spouses often come to view each other as adversaries and may incur substantial financial and emotional costs. However, when there is no better option, Kales & Kales, PLC will go to court and zealously advocate for you, your interests and your family.
INTERESTED IN AN INEXPENSIVE, FLAT-FEE, VIRGINIA DIVORCE?Whether you live in Fairfax, Arlington, Richmond, Norfolk, Roanoke, or anywhere else in Virginia, if you want to keep lawyer’s fees low in a divorce, the best thing you and your spouse can do is reach a verbal agreement as to the following issues, and let a good attorney draft a marital settlement agreement for you (Do NOT draft the agreement yourself; there are a huge number of potential pitfalls if you do)...Read More.
LINKS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT A CHEAP AND EASY DIVORCE:
Fairfax Uncontested Divorce | Richmond Uncontested Divorce | Tidewater Uncontested Divorce
News, Tips and Information
What Are Some Differences Between Collaborative Divorce And Court Based Divorce?
• In Collaborative Divorce, the attorneys help the spouses reach settlement agreements that satisfy the needs and interests of both spouses. In court based divorce, a gain for one spouse is often viewed as requiring a loss by the other, a negotiation process called a “zero-sum game.”
Kales & Kales is proud to announce...
Kales & Kales is proud to announce that Jonathan Kales has been selected by his peers as a member of Virginia’s Legal Elite for 2013. In cooperation with the Virginia Bar Association, Virginia Business magazine asked lawyers throughout the commonwealth to nominate the best in the profession, and, when the ballots were counted, Mr. Kales was selected as one of Virginia’s elite in the area of Alternative Dispute Resolution. Historically, a small number of Virginia attorneys are nominated for this honor each year, and only about one-third are selected.
HOW DO I PERSUADE MY HUSBAND OR WIFE TO DIVORCE COLLABORATIVELY?
How easy and affordable is the Kales & Kales flat fee uncontested divorce program?
Is a collaborative divorce cheaper than a litigated divorce?
The disqualification clause: amongst collaborative divorce's best features
Jonathan Kales chosen as president-elect of Collaborative Professionals of Northern Virginia
Kales & Kales collaborative divorce case makes CNN
Amy and Jonathan are a couple of powerful Fairfax divorce lawyers, sort of anyway
A few clues you hired the wrong Fairfax divorce lawyer
Top five worst places for a divorced woman to meet a new spouse in Fairfax, Virginia
Best 5 things to say to your spouse if you want to sabotage a collaborative divorce meeting or a divorce mediation session
10 Tips on how to get your wife to want to hire a Fairfax divorce lawyer