WHAT IS THE ROLE OF A CHILD SPECIALIST IN A COLLABORATIVE DIVORCE?
- To Be A Resource To The Child.
- To give the child a voice (not a choice) in the process.
- To provide the child with a safe place and a neutral and knowledgeable adult with whom to talk about the family changes.
- To provide reassurance and foster resilience during a time of change.
- To Be A Resource To The Parents.
- To educate parents on the impact of divorce on children.
- To assist parents in understanding how divorce might impact their unique child given his/her developmental level, temperament and family structure/system.
- To assist parents in fostering resilience in their child in a time of change.
- To discuss family re-structuring options.
- To Be A Resource To The Team.
- To keep the needs of the children as a primary focus.
- To educate the team as to how the family system operates in regard to the chi
- To advocate for the child.