There are several ways a collaborative divorce helps you move through the divorce process in less time with fewer emotional costs. They include:
- Fostering a cooperative atmosphere where both parties feel safe and able to communicate openly toward solving problems in a creative manner.
- Putting together a ‘team’ of participants working toward a common goal, as opposed to the traditional litigation process, where two sides view each other as adversaries.
- Involving experts in various specialties that become part of the team and address various issues like communicating effectively, co-parenting, and financial issues like real estate and other assets.
- Setting up meetings on your schedule instead of the schedule of the court.
- Privacy and confidentiality-only the legally required paperwork needs to be filed and becomes a part of the court record.