7 Reasons To Choose Collaborative Divorce Attorneys.
- You each have more control over the outcome. You can voice your opinions and know that you will be heard.
- You get to agree to settlement issues based on compromise and fair play instead of having a judge make the final decisions that affect your lives
- It is less expensive than litigation. Attorney fees and court costs can add up quickly.
- The process takes less time than litigation because you chose the time and place you meet instead of dealing with the timetable of busy divorce courts.
- There is far less stress and anxiety involved because you are playing a more active role in the divorce.
- The goal is to reach a settlement before anyone files papers in divorce court. Once a couple accepts a settlement, then a legally binding agreement is written and once signed by both parties the papers are filed in court for the approval of a judge.
- You know that you worked together to make life easier for everyone. This is especially important if children are involved.