Top 5 Divorce Mediation Tips.
- Select a mediator who has experience in divorce and family law issues.
- Review the mediator’s contract, which outlines how the mediator’s fee will be paid and generally describes the mediator’s ethical obligations.
- Understand the purpose of the mediation is to encourage open discussion of interests and goals to encourage settlement.
- Get prepared. Put together a notebook of relevant documents to carry to mediation.
- Establish reasonable time limitations for mediation sessions.